Justin and Erica are the creators of the Real Simple Good blog through which they share their love for the Paleo way of living and eating. Each of them came to the decision to live the Paleo lifestyle in their own way and for different reasons. Justin chose it as a return to his childhood “family-farm” style of eating whereas Erica turned to it to find relief from the inflammation and neurological degeneration associated with her Multiple Sclerosis.
In addition to providing delicious recipes made with real, whole foods influenced by the abundance of fresh, local ingredients in the Pacific Northwest, their blog reveals their simple but inspired view of what it means to be healthy. “Eating real food, breaking a sweat on more days than not each week, and feeling comfortable and confident in your own skin.”
Crockpot Beef Roast And Veggies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Hours
- 3-4 pound beef roast (we used a bottom round roast, but chuck roast, pot roast, shoulder or brisket would work too)
- 1 tbsp of each salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
- 2 cups bone broth (chicken or beef stock)
- 1 sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 4 celery stalks, chopped into thick chunks
- 3-4 carrots, chopped into thick rounds
- ½ onion, chopped into thick pieces
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Place all of the seasonings in a small bowl and mix well to make the spice rub.
- Massage the spice rub all over the beef. You may have some left over if you have a smaller cut of meat.
- If you have the time, wrap and refrigerate the meat for 3 -24 hrs to let the rub set in. If not, just season the beef and start cooking.
- Place the beef into the crockpot, pour the bone broth in.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the crockpot and place it on a cutting board.
- Shred with two forks or tongs and serve with the veggies from the crockpot.