April 2022 Featured Chef Sandy Nannen does it again. These homemade chicken wings are crispy and seasoned adobo style: pink Himalayan salt, garlic, onion, black pepper, oregano, and turmeric. A powerful blend with a mineral and antioxidant boost! Sandy uses gluten-free flour, beef tallow, and butter, making this a crowd-pleasing recipe.
The beef tallow and butter fats take the recipe to another nutrient-dense level with omega 3s and CLAs. The tallow is used to coat the cooking tray, and the butter is used for a creamy adobo sauce that compliments the adobo rub. Let’s get into the recipe!
Check out Sandy’s Instagram for all things holistic: homemade nutrition, EMFs, sleep, and more!
Crisp and Melty Adobo Chicken Wings
Recipe & Photos by Sandy Nannen | Uncommonly Good Health
USWM Shopping List: 3 lbs. Chicken Wings, Adobo Seasoning, Beef Tallow, Butter
|Servings||Prep & Cooking Time|
|4||1 hour 15 minutes|
- 3 lbs. Chicken wing sections
- ½ cup flour (I used gluten-free flour)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Adobo seasoning, separated
- ½ cup beef tallow
- ½ cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the beef tallow on a 9 x 13 baking sheet while doing the following:
- Sprinkle the wings with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour with 1 tablespoon of the adobo seasoning and dredge each wing in this mixture.
- When the tallow is melted, lay the chicken wings on the baking sheet, not touching each other. Bake for 1 hour, turning the pieces halfway through.
- While baking, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the other tablespoon of adobo seasoning to it.
- When the wings are done cooking, pile them on a plate and pour the butter mixture over them. Enjoy!
Browse all the delicious recipes and kitchen tips on our Discover Blog!
Sandy Nannen is a holistic nutrition consultant, Root Cause Protocol practitioner, and practices homeopathy. Sandy is passionate about achieving health in a holistic way and nutrition is a big part of that. After years of struggling with health, she realized she was suffering from IBS. After much trial and error, she has been able to manage this with diet and lifestyle changes. Sandy has a free ebook available, “No Stress Weight Loss”. Download your copy from her website, UncommonlyGoodHealth.com.