Here’s a wonderfully delicious recipe to try for a mid-winter meal. Winter is a great time to test out some inspired soup, stew and chili recipes. This one is definitely inspired with rich flavors and maybe even a surprise or two. Chef Gabriella Schneider uses a beef marrow stock for this dish making it a healthy taste treat!
Creamy Cranberry Beef Chili….Yum!
Recipe Author: Gabriella Schneider/Beyond The Bite
PHOTO CREDIT: Creamy Cranberry Beef Chili – Gabriella Schneider/BeyondTheBite4Life.com
- 5 cups beef marrow stock
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato chunks
- 1 1 /2 cups parsnip chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Instructions For Creamy Cranberry Beef Chili:
- Place 3/4 tsp sea salt, cranberries, sweet potato, parsnip, ginger, maple sugar, bone broth, and leeks in a large stock pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn down to a simmer, allowing everything to cook until the sweet potatoes and parsnips are fork tender.
- Transfer the 3/4 of the mixture to a high speed blender and blend until smooth, then pour back into the pot.
- In a large skillet, brown meat with remaining 3/4 tsp sea salt, and once cooked through, add to the large pot with the puree, stir to combine, and serve.
Visit Gabriella’s site for the original recipe and enjoy!
Meet The Chef
Our thanks to Gabriella Schneider, certified chef, writer, and science lover for sharing her recipe. Gabriella uses diet, lifestyle, and personal primal knowledge to overcome the odds of healing from chronic Lyme Disease.
“While there may not be an one-stop cure for the damaging effects that untreated, neurological Lyme had in my body since a young age, I believe that through Christ all things are possible. No illness, trial, or circumstance in life defines who one is, rather shapes them into all that they are meant to be.”
Check out Gabriella’s e-book, Organ Meat Makeover, for recipes, AIP dietary tips, FAQs and more!