Steak is pretty tasty in its own right, but when you find that perfect thing to take it to the next level, it is a match made in heaven. Featured Chef Tee Gardner’s Coffee Rubbed Steak with Dip is just that combo. Give this tasty steak and savory dip a try for yourself by following Tee’s recipe below.
“The mix of flavors here is fantastic. I don’t always have a side dish with my meat but, I usually create a little condiment (though it doesn’t need it). This chunky tangy “dip” gives me the veggie texture I sometimes crave. I want a steak a bit rarer, but varying preferences are accommodated.”
Coffee Rubbed Steak and Dip
Recipe By: Tee Gardner | Tee and the Carbs
- 2 Steaks of your choice – We like Ribeyes or NY Strips
- Beef Tallow – Only if using a cast iron pan for cooking
- 2 Tbs instant espresso
- 1 1/2 Tbs carne asada seasoning (you can also use a blend of AP chili seasoning)
- 1 Tbs salt
- 5 chopped marinated artichoke quarters
- 2 Tbs-3Tbs avocado mayo
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh herbs… thyme or basil or both
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- * I usually don’t need salt here but feel free to add a pinch
- Dash of red pepper flakes
Steak & Rub:
- Combine rub ingredients
- Coat the steak generously with rub and let it sit in the fridge over night.
- Cook the steak using one of the two options below
- Enjoy with the steak dip!
Option 1 : Air fry – preheat tp 400 degrees and then air fry for 8-10 minutes depending on how well done
Option 2: Cast iron – heat pan, coat with tallow and fry for 3-4 minutes each side or to your liking
- Combine all ingredients together
- Enjoy with your steak!
Looking for more recipes? Visit the Discover Blog.
July 2021 Featured Chef Tee Gardner knows a thing or two about tasty food. Beginning her cooking journey at just eight years old, she grew up helping her southern grandmother work through recipes from cookbooks she had checked out of the library. This childhood passion eventually led Tee to start a catering company as she attended college in Pennsylvania. Though she moved on from catering after graduation, food and fitness remain a priority in her life. You can follow Tee’s Instagram (@teeandthecarbs) for low-carb recipes and fitness inspiration.