Recipe and photos courtesy of Jessi Heggan of Jessi’s Kitchen
This recipe calls for the NY Strip as the feature cut, but you can choose any steak. As always, starting with the best quality ingredients makes all the difference in the world. Choose grass-fed beef steaks for excellent flavor and nutrition.
Our thanks to Jessi Heggan for sharing this Coffee Rubbed NY Strip Steak recipe featuring US Wellness grass-fed NY Strip.
Recipe Author: Jessi Heggan, Jessi’s Kitchen
USWM Shopping List: NY Strip Steaks
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 45 min
Rub Seasoning Recipe yields: 1/2 cup (Save extra for seasoning steaks for future meals)
Chili Coffee Rub
- 3 Tbsp ground coffee, medium grind
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp salt (I prefer pink Himalayan)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 lb New York Strip
- 2-3 Tbsp Coffee Chili Rub
- Add all of the rub ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Store in an airtight container.
- Pull the steak out of the refrigerator and coat both sides with 2-3 teaspoons of coffee chili rub.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 450.
- Place on the grill and let cook 5-7 minutes a side or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Let set for 3-5 minutes and then serve.
The rub yields about 1/2 cup. Feel free to taste the mixture and adjust to your personal taste. You may want more or less coffee flavor.
Meet The Chef
Our thanks to Jessi Heggan of Jessi’s Kitchen for sharing this wonderful recipe. At Jessi’s Kitchen, you will find a mixture of gluten free, paleo friendly, vegan, vegetarian and probably some delicious cocktails to try. Visit Jessi’s Kitchen for recipes, home/lifestyle, and beauty tips.