These flavorful chicken tenders are a fun food for both kids and adults! I like to serve them alongside roasted sweet potato fries and a crispy asparagus spears!
RECIPE AUTHOR: Tracey Grant
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Free Range Chicken Tenders
1# chicken tenders, cut into 1-2” pieces
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 cup raw macadamia nuts
1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COCONUT AND MACADAMIA CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the macadamia nuts, coconut shreds, salt, and garlic powder until a fine meal formed. Be careful not to over-process or it will start to turn into a nut butter! Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk until well combined.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg mixture and then into the coconut/macadamia mixture, being sure to coat all sides. Place tenders on the parchment lined sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and coating is starting to brown.
About The Author: Tracey Grant
Tracey is a registered dietitian living in San Diego. She specializes in weight management, digestive health and meal planning. Tracey promotes whole food nutrition with a holistic approach to wellness. You can find more information at her blog, Whole Daily Life.
Tracey’s Cookbook, Weeknight Paleo, contains 20 of her favorite and most frequently cooked meals, complete with modifications for AIP (Autoimmune Paleo), GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome), and low-FODMAP diets.