The “Lunch Man” at St. Paul the Apostle Elementary School in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is on a mission to nourish children and staff with brain-boosting, energy-sustaining superfood lunches. Retired NFL player, Jared Veldheer, chooses 100% grass-fed-and-finished meats because it is loaded with vitamins, minerals, CLAs, Omega 3s, and more. On and off the field, high-quality nutrition is required for optimal performance and recovery.
Jared shares his journey as “Lunch Man” on his Instagram and promotes quality nutrition with US Wellness Meats Flank Steak Chimichurri. Jared, thank you for prioritizing healthy living and advocating for your community. Keep up the great work!
US Wellness Shopping List: 1 Flank Steak
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1 cup extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional red pepper flakes
- Combine chimichurri ingredients in a food processor or blender until a coarse mixture forms.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper, and lay to rest in the chimichurri bath for at least 1 hour, up to 24 hr.
- Reverse sear flank steak at 225°F (or lower) (I use my Traeger at 175°F on super smoke) until internal temp reaches 130°F degrees.
- Remove from oven or pellet grill and sear over a preheated grill or cast iron skillet on extra-high heat.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Cut against the grain and serve with chimichurri over the top.
Discover more steak recipes on our Discover Blog!
After 11 years in the NFL, Jared Veldheer gained an understanding and appreciation for wholesome nutrition. Grass-fed, pastured meat became a staple for him to be able to maintain a weight of 330 pounds while being as fit and healthy as possible. Since retiring from his offensive lineman position, Jared has served as the “Lunch Dad” at his children’s middle school in Grand Rapids, Michigan.