Spring and Summer months bring warm weather and more opportunities to grill. Grass-fed beef sirloin makes an incredibly tender option for kabobs. Break out the skewers and prepare the grill for Jenna Mostowski’s Chimichurri Sirloin Kabobs.
Recipe Author: Jenna Mostowski of Fresh and Fit
USWM Shopping List: Sirloin Steak
PHOTO CREDIT: Jenna Mostowski/Fresh and Fit
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, sliced into 2 inch squares
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced into large pieces approximately 2 inches
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions For Chimichurri Sirloin Kabobs:
- In a food processor, combine ingredients for Chimichurri sauce. Pour sauce over cubes steak in a shallow container, reserving 1/4 cup for serving. Marinate steak 4-8 hours.
- Preheat grill to 400F and skewer alternating steak, peppers and onion.
- Grill 5-7 minutes, turn and grill an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot with remaining Chimichurri sauce.
Meet The Chef:
Jenna is a Recipe Developer and Food Photographer. She is the girl behind the healthy recipes at Fresh and Fit, her recipe development company and blog of the same name. Jenna loves to cook recipes that suit a variety of diet lifestyles– from Vegan to Paleo. Her philosophy on food is that it should be beautiful, affordable, and of course, delicious. When Jenna isn’t in the kitchen, you can find her hiking with her German Shepherd or perusing the aisles of home decor stores.