If you have been looking for a delicious dish to satisfy your spicy cravings, March Featured Chef Ryan Kennedy has the perfect recipe for you. Ryan gives his take on a classic Mexican dish. His Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas are packed full of flavor and healthy ingredients.
I took one of my Mexican favorites, removed the not so healthy ingredients, replaced them with much better alternatives, and added in more vegetables.
Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
Recipe By: Ryan Kennedy
Prep Time: 20-30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee
2 bell peppers
1/2 bundle fresh cilantro
2 large tomatoes
1-3 jalapeños (depending on desired heat)
8 ounces grass-fed mozzarella cheese
16 oz enchilada sauce
1. Sauté vegetables in grass fed ghee and add in shredded meat
2. Combine 1/2 the enchilada sauce to meat/veggies
3. Thinly slice the zucchini (I used one of the attachments from my spiralizer)
4. Roll meat/veggie mixture into zucchini slices and place in glass baking pan
5. Add the rest of the enchilada sauce and cheese to the top of the rolls.
6. Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes
I love this vegetable heavy enchilada recipe! It can be a bit time consuming to make but it’s well worth the effort. They work really well for meal prep since they taste delicious even multiple days later.
A special thank you to Ryan for sharing this delicious recipe. Visit the Discover Blog for more recipe ideas.
Meet The Chef
Ryan Kennedy is a Functional Medicine Practitioner, Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist and author of Beyond Nutrition. Ryan employs a holistic approach to helping his patients improve their health. He uses nutritional and lifestyle interventions to correct imbalances and enhance the body’s ability to heal. Check out Ryan’s website, Thriving Wellness for more info.