January Featured Chef, Melinda Keen, nourishes her body with low oxalate and gluten-free foods. After years of health issues, she lives pain-free, coaching others to live healthy lifestyles. This Caribbean Cod recipe is “a savory protein dish perfect for breakfast or dinner.” Melinda’s father and husband were both in the military, so she has lived worldwide. Her cooking style comes from her experiences, and many recipes are Cajun, Italian, Southern American, Oriental, and French cuisine.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Wild-Caught Codfish Fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chives
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat, and then add the onions, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook for about three minutes until soft.
- Add the codfish, salt, and thyme, and turn the heat down to medium-low. Cool for about 3 minutes, then cut the fish into chunks.
- Pour in the eggs and cook until the eggs are done. Stir occasionally as they cook.
- Add the pepper and chives.
Browse nourishing organ meat recipes on the Discover Blog, along with expert advice, kitchen tips, and more!
Melinda Keen is an author, educator, and nutritional consultant specializing in developing low-oxalate healthy recipes. Having battled and overcome debilitating health issues through diet, Melinda is passionate about helping others heal by promoting oxalate awareness and sharing nutritious recipes. Her published works include “Low Oxalate Fresh and Fast Cookbook” (2015), “Real Food Real Results” (2016), “Living Low Oxalate” (2018), and “Tame the Flame Cookbook” (2019).