How does a few humble ingredients turn into a fantastic dish? A great recipe!
Chef Justin Massie has just the recipe for your dinner menu. His Cajun Beef Bolognese features 100% grass-fed beef, pastured bacon, and organic chickpea pasta. To say it’s scrumptious would be an understatement. Try it for yourself by following the recipe below.
Cajun Beef Bolognese Recipe
Recipe By: Chef Justin Massie
- 2lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 cup bacon ends diced
- 1 onion small diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 6 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 – 26oz can organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz nutritional yeast
- 1/2 bag organic spinach chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw wildflower honey
- 1Lb high protein chickpea pasta
- Cajun seasoning to taste
1. Start out by sautéing bacon ends in a tbsp of ghee until almost golden brown, then add onion, jalapeño and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until translucent, then add your ground beef.
2. Cook ground beef throughly and then add tomatoes, yeast, spinach, honey and seasoning.
3. Let sauce simmer on medium medium low heat for 30 mins. Sauce can be simmered for hours for deeper flavor, but for this example 30 mins works out fantastic.
4. Take cooked pasta and combine with bolognese sauce and enjoy.
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes, health features, and more.
Chef Justin Massie
Private chef Justin Massie specializes in creating tasty and nutritious meals. After attending culinary school out west, he worked his way through the restaurant business and finally landed on his current adventure. Justin now serves as a private chef for professional athletes, notably Lane Johnson of the Philidelphia Eagles. He aims to fuel his clients with the right meals to help in their careers.