Carley Smith demonstrates how she prepares a few of our US Wellness Meats heat & serve items in the cooking video below. In this series article, we share how Carley prepares the pre-cooked Pot Roast for her Butternut Squash Hash (6:58 of video).
Pre-Cooked Beef Pot Roast and Gravy contains all the benefits of grass-fed beef along with five delicious culinary herbs known for their reliable antioxidant power: savory, turmeric, oregano, basil, and rosemary. US Wellness Meats has also used rice flour to help satisfy gluten-free customers.
Butternut Squash Hash
- Pre-Cooked Beef Pot Roast & Gravy
- A USWM cooking fat
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- Vegetables of your choice, chopped (Carley chose green and red pepper and onion)
- Farm fresh egg, cooked
- Optional garnishes:
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Heat oil or cooking fat in a pan on medium-high heat and add the chopped butternut squash. Sautée for about 5 minutes before adding the other veggies you’ve chosen (Carley chose chopped green and red pepper and onion).
- Stir all the vegetables together until well combined, and then crank up the heat to cook them down.
- Add the pot roast to the pan and stir to combine. Make sure the meat gets nice and warm.
- Turn off the heat and plate up the hash. Top it with a farm-fresh fried egg, fresh chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Check out the other two recipes in this video: Meatball Pasta Bake with pre-cooked meatballs (0:30 of video) and Mexican Casserole with prepared Shredded Beef (3:14 of video) or browse our Discover Blog for hundreds of tasty recipes!
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.