Charcuterie (pronounced: shar-KOO-tər-ee) is all the rage right now, and for good reason! While the word charcuterie is the culinary art of preparing meat products, it is often used to describe the practice of pairing meat with an assortment of different snacking items, such as fruit, cheese, crackers, sauces, and nuts. We too are big fans of these so-called grazing boards, especially as we have so many great products that make the best charcuterie board. Follow along as we list US Wellness Meats items that are perfect for building the most delicious board.
Of course, we have to start with meat! When sourcing from USWM, you can be sure all items are of the highest quality, pasture raised on regenerative farms.
Meats we love for a grazing board:
- Classics: Summer Sausage, Paleo Choice Meat Sticks in Original & Jalapeño, Salami, Rustic Lamb Sausage Links, Venison & Beef Snack Sticks, Fully Cooked Smoked Beef Brisket, and Sugar-Free Beef Franks
- Unique + Nutritious: Grass-fed Beef Liverwurst, Beef Braunschweiger, Chicken Braunschweiger, and Head Cheese
Meat and cheese really do make the perfect pair! Our selection of Raw Grass-Fed Cheese is the perfect addition to your board.
Cheese we love for a grazing board:
Raw Grass-Fed Baby Swiss Cheese, Colby Cheese, Farmer’s Cheese, Gouda Cheese, Havarti Cheese, Jalapeño Cheese, Mild Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and Unsalted Cheddar Cheese
3. Something Savory
Trust us, the perfect board includes more than just meat and cheese. Adding something savory is a must!
Savory Items we love for a grazing board:
4. Something Sweet
With the savory comes the sweet, and having both creates the perfect flavor combination.
Sweet Items we love for a grazing board:
- Askinosie Artisan Chocolates: Dark Chocolate Avocado + Rosemary Bar, Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Bar, Peppermint Dark Chocolate Bar, Davao White Chocolate Bar, 100% Dark Chocolate Zero Sugar Bar, 72% Tanzania Dark Chocolate Bar, Dairy Free Coconut Milk Chocolate Bar, and Red Raspberry Dark Chocolate Bar
- Paleo Treats: Mac Attack Macaroon, Brownie Bomb, Bandito Almond Butter Cookie, and Rocket Paleo Espresso Brownie
5. Extra Delicious Additions
The fun thing about creating charcuterie boards is the versatility. You can really add anything you think sounds right in the moment. So much so, you may create a slightly different spread each time. Here are a few items that do not fit into the categories above but most definitely can be included in any board.
Fun + tasty add ons for any board:
Other great items for a Charcuterie Board to add that we don’t carry: Fruits(grapes, apples, pears, cantaloupe, blackberries, raspberries, figs), Vegetables(potatoes, carrots), Tomatoes, Olives, Bread, Crackers, Jams, and Dips.