No one can resist a good pizza! This enticing pie is made using ingredients that won’t weigh you down this summer. The spicy kick from grass-fed buffalo chorizo gives it just enough zip, and would be perfect paired with a ice-cold cocktail, oozing with plenty of citrusy lime…
This Buffalo Chorizo Pizza Recipe is a tasty treat for anytime you have a pizza pie craving.
Recipe Author: Lexus Anderson (July 2018 USWM Featured Chef)
USWM Shopping List: Buffalo Chorizo Sausage
Serves: 2-4 (pair with a side dish to get more servings out of this!)
PHOTO CREDIT: Lexus Anderson/Home Chef Lexus
- 1 pizza crust (see note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder,
- 8 oz Buffalo Chorizo Sausage
- 1 cup of fresh corn (about 2-3 corn cobs)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 japeleno (sliced into rings)
- 4 oz queso fresco
Directions For Buffalo Chorizo Pizza:
- Start by preheating your oven to 500 degrees.
- Cook chorizo on the stove top in a non-stick skillet at medium heat, for about 8-10 minutes until just done, and crumble once cooled.
- Roll out your pizza dough very thin, and fold over the edges to make a good crust.
- Mix togther olive oil and chili powder, and spoon onto the crust, spreading out evenly until all is coated.
- Time to layer with the goods! In order: cabbage, chorizo, corn, jalepeno.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is crisp. While pizza is baking, melt the queso fresco on the stovetop in a small saucepan on low.
- Remove pizza from oven (if using a pizza stone, slide a large sheet pan underneath, and carefully pull pizza out onto it using kitchen tongs). Drizzle the melted queso fresco over top, and sprinkle with the cilantro. Time to party!
Note – you can definitely use a pre-made crust from a grocery store, but if you have a little extra time, homemade is so worth it! There is a fool-proof pizza dough recipe on my blog. Just type in “Pizza Dough” in the search bar! Also, a pizza stone will produce the crispiest crust, so if you have one, put it in the oven before preheating. If not, you can use a sheet pan to bake it on.
Meet The Chef:
Lexus Anderson is a home chef who enjoys cooking real, wholesome food and grocery shopping for healthy meals on a budget! She lives in Springfield, Missouri with her husband, Taylor, and their two dogs, Rey & Yoda.
Lexus is a full-time bridal consultant at Normans Bridal. “The only thing I love more is coming home after a busy day working with beautiful brides and cooking up a storm in my kitchen. It is truly where I am the happiest! – Happy Cooking!” ~ Lexus