This delish dish comes from Diane Sanfilippo’s 21-Day Sugar Detox Daily Guide. Diane’s new book includes 75 recipes designed to help you through the sugar detox process. All of her recipes in this guide are free of gluten, dairy, soy and sweeteners.
These Buffalo Chicken Wings are an excellent example of the wonderful sugar-free recipes in the 21-Day Sugar Detox Daily Guide.
PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 50 min
USWM Shopping List: Pasture Raised Chicken Wings, Ghee
PHOTO CREDIT: Diane Sanfilippo
- 2 lbs – Chicken Wings
- 2 – Med to Lg heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 to 3 tsp – Trifecta Spice Blend
- 2 Tbsp – Chopped green onions, for garnish
Buffalo Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup – ghee
- 3 Tbsp – sugar-free/sweetener-free hot sauce*
*NOTE: Always read labels! Examples of sugar-free/sweetener-free hot sauce: Frank’s Red Hot, Tabasco, Arizona Gunslinger/Arizona Pepper’s Organic Harvest Foods
Trifecta Spice Blend (Makes approx. 1 cup):
- 10 Tbsp – granulated garlic
- 5 1/3 Tbsp – sea salt
- 2 Tbsp – ground black pepper
Directions For Buffalo Cauliflower & Chicken Wings:
- Preheat the oven to 375 deg.
- Season the wings and cauliflower generously with the Trifecta Spice Blend. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes.
- Make the Buffalo Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the ghee and hot sauce and mix well.
- Remove the wings and cauliflower from the oven. Toss with the Buffalo sauce and garnish with green onion. Serve with carrots, celery, and ranch dressing.
Kitchen Tip: If you like your wings extra crispy, broil for two minutes before tossing with the Buffalo sauce.
Meet The Chef
Diane Sanfilippo is the owner and founder of Balanced Bites, a certified nutrition consultant, and New York Times best selling author. Visit Diane at dianesanfilippo.com or find her on Instagram @21daysugardetox.