Enjoy this delicious recipe for flavorful beef hanger steak. This cut has also been known as the ‘Butcher’s Steak’ because butchers have held it back for themselves instead of putting it in the case for sale. That should tell you something!
This dish is relatively quick and easy and the final product is a definite palate pleaser.
RECIPE AUTHOR: Hayley & Bill of Primal Palate
Ingredients for Brown Butter Hanger Steak
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Truffle Salt
- 1 bunch Lemon Thyme
- 1 1/2 lb Hanger Steak
- 1 Tbsp Salted Butter
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
- Slow cooking will melt the tough tissue away, but when grilling, searing, or broiling, you want to make sure that this part of the meat is removed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add pasture butter to skillet, and cook until butter starts to brown.
- Sear steak in brown butter, 2-3 minutes a side, flipping once (for a thinner steak, try 1-2 minutes per side).
- During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
- Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast the steak for 10-15 minutes (for a thinner steak, try 7-10 minutes).
- Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve.
If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from:
Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Thanks to Hayley & Bill of Primal Palate for this palate pleasing recipe. Enjoy!