Quick, easy, and delicious for the whole family! This nutritious Pesto Pasta and Grass Fed Hot Dogs recipe is perfect for lunch or dinner and is sure to leave every tummy satisfied and every plate empty!
Amy’s recipes fuel families with nutritionally packed ingredients while making prep and cooking accessible in our busy lives. Ensuring your family meets their nutritional needs can be something other than another full-time job – It can be a fun adventure for the whole family! With some creative thinking, planning, and help from Amy, you will soon see and feel the difference that fueled-focused family eating will bring.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Grass Fed Hot Dogs
Recipe By: Amy Slater
USWM Shopping List
- Your choice of US Wellness Meats: Sugar-Free Beef Franks | Sugar-Free Garlic Franks | Plain Beef Franks
Broccoli Pesto Pasta Ingredients
- 2 cups broccoli florets (preferably organic)
- 15 oz can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (can use other white beans as well)
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups kale or spinach (preferably organic)
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces pasta (gluten-free or traditional)
Putting it all together
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon, remove it, and transfer it to a colander.
- Add pasta to the same pot of boiling water and cook according to package directions. If using gluten-free, drain and rinse with cool water to keep the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the pesto. Add the broccoli, parmesan, lemon, kale, garlic, and olive oil to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Drain pasta, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, and return it to the same pot. Stir in the pesto and toss to coat well. As reserved pasta, water to thin out the sauce as needed.
Pair with US Wellness Meats Franks and fresh fruit for a delicious lunch.
Our USWM Beef Franks are 100% grass-fed and finished and are free of any junky additives such as MSG, nitrates, nitrites, and glutens. We only use clean ingredients that you can trace back to their source. Our franks are fully cooked and taste best when served warm. To warm them up, start by thawing them fully in the refrigerator. Then, warm a skillet on medium heat, add some water or bone broth to the pan, and place the franks (either whole or sliced) into the pan for 2 minutes. Voila! It’s that simple. Enjoy warm, fully-cooked franks as a tasty addition to any meal. For this and more fantastic recipes, make sure to check out or Discover Blog.
Amy Slater is a mother of two sets of twins (two boys and two girls) and currently practices as a women’s health coach. Amy has been in the health and fitness field for 22+ years with a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, a fellowship in Applied Functional Science, and several advanced certifications. She is currently working toward her NP with an emphasis in Functional Medicine. Keep up with Amy on her Instagram and Facebook, and learn more on her website!