Grass-fed short ribs are a wonder of nature! We have several recipes on our Discover Blog featuring short ribs, so you’ll have opportunities to enjoy them over and over again. This recipe also includes our sugar-free bacon which makes the dish absolutely irresistible. Enjoy!
Recipe Author: Hayley and Bill/Primal Palate
PHOTO CREDIT: Bill and Hayley/Primal Palate – Try these scrumptious 100% grass-fed short ribs for a finger licking treat!
- 3 pieces Bacon, crumbled, reserve grease
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- 3/4 cup Beef Broth
- 8 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 3/4 lb Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Powder, to taste
Process For Grass-fed Short Ribs
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat up to medium high and sear short ribs on either side in the hot skillet, about 1-2 minutes a side. Just enough to get a good brown on them.
- Sear two ribs at a time, adding more bacon grease as needed.
- Place the first four ribs in the bottom of the crock pot, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and chipotle.
- Top with 4 garlic cloves, and repeat with the remaining short ribs.
- Top all the ribs with the crumbled bacon, and pour in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 5-6 hours.
The meat will be done when it is tender and falls off the bone.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb) and the all new Food Lovers pack (New Bae, Amore, and Jerk).