There is nothing quite as eye-catching as a large bone-in French Ribeye. Not only do they look appealing, they taste absolutely delicious, too! October Featured Chef Mike Gorman shares his Bone-In Ribeye with Roasted Garlic Butter recipe. Melted butter over a steak is a dream meal, and we can’t wait to give Mike’s recipe a try!
“When approaching a meal with an eye towards a ketogenic template I find it can be important to maximize flavor while minimizing the carbohydrates on the plate. This recipe provides a simple yet delicious way to do so while enjoying a truly epic cut of meat!”
Bone In Ribeye with Roasted Garlic Butter
Recipe By: Mike Gorman | Gormy Goes Keto
Serves: 2 (Plus Extra Butter)
- One US Wellness Meats Large French Ribeye-1.5lbs
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
Roasted Garlic Butter
- One large head garlic (two smaller heads)
- One teaspoon avocado oil
- Four ounces salted butter (add 1 teaspoon salt if using unsalted) room temperature
- One teaspoon preferred dried herbs (I use an Italian blend of oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, etc.)
For The Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the 1/4 top off of the garlic head to expose the cloves.
- Drizzle oil over the cloves and sprinkle on salt.
- Wrap the head in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until cloves are soft and golden. Resist devouring the entire thing immediately!
- Allow the garlic to cool for 10 minutes.
- Blend garlic, softened butter (salt if needed) and dried herbs in a bowl with a spatula to ensure even blending.
- Form butter into a log on plastic wrap and roll tightly. Place in refrigerator to firm up.
- This can be done a day in advance to allow the flavors to marry!
For The Steak
- The night before, liberally salt the steak and place it on a baking rack over a plate uncovered in your refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 min prior to cooking, pat dry, rub with oil and season with pepper to your taste.
- Pre-heat grill to high if using gas, or prepare coals.
- Grill this beautiful thick steak for 4-5 minutes a side for a medium-rare preparation (internal temp of 135 degrees.)
- Remove steak from grill and tent with aluminum foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice garlic butter into 1/4 inch rounds and add desired amount on top of the steak and enjoy! I find 2-3 rounds per steak to be perfect.
You can vary the flavors of the butter to your liking! I enjoy adding Aleppo pepper or even two ounces of a crumbled strong blue cheese to the mix.
Find recipes and more on the Discover Blog.
October Featured Chef Mike Gorman has quite an inspirational story. To put it simply, Mike knows a thing or two about weight loss. In fact, he has lost over 300 lbs twice! Today, Mike inspires and coaches others to do the same through his Instagram @gormygoesketo and his podcast Fat Guy Forum. Check out his page and podcast to find health journey inspiration, keto recipes, and more!