Recipe and photo courtesy of Bill & Hayley, Primal Palate
The Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich or more commonly, BLT, is a summertime tradition. Fresh beefsteak tomatoes and lettuce from the garden or farmer’s market piled high with smoky bacon is a sheer delight for the tastebuds. How to improve on such a simple masterpiece? Might we recommend a bison burger to complement this sensation of summer?
Grass-fed, open range bison adds a whole new level of flavor. If you’re going keto or low carb, this Bison BLT doesn’t need a bun. Plate this colorful meal and tie into it with a fork! Enjoy.
Recipe by: Bill and Hayley, Primal Palate
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 pieces Bacon, (2 per burger)
- 4 pieces Butter Lettuce, (1 per burger)
Instructions For Bison BLT
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet on medium heat, flipping as needed.
- Remove from heat, and place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Form ground meat into 4 equal-sized burger patties.
- Grill burgers 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Carefully place tomato slices on the grill.
- Grill tomato slices 3 minutes per side.
- Remove tomatoes from grill.
- Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and serve.
- Serve with Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
Tomatoes have a wonderful flavor when grilled, but they get very soft and can be hard to handle. We recommend grilling them on a grill plate or foil so that they do not fall apart when removing them from the grill.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
For more great recipes, check out our Discover Blog.
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from. We also carry their Organic Seasonings Mixes: French Onion Mix, Garden Ranch, and Taco & Fajita.