Recipe Author: Carley Smith, Fairy Gutmother
PHOTO CREDIT: Carley Smith/Fairy Gutmother
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1 package sugar free pork bacon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Redmond real salt seasoning
- 1 tbs basil
- 1 TBS oregano
- 1-2 TBS coconut aminos
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Splash apple cider vinegar
Instructions For Bison Bacon Burger:
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place bacon in strips on one sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until desired.
- Meanwhile, combine meat and remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form into patties and bake for approximately 12-18 minutes or until desired.
- You also have the option to add additional pieces of Swiss cheese on top for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Serve topped with favorite fixins like tomatoes, onion and mashed avocado.
Meet The Recipe Author:
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.