This recipe has “Prize Winning Burger” written all over it! Bison and Bacon… really, does it get any better? Featured Chef Carley Smith shares this tantalizing bison bacon burger recipe.
Recipe Author: Carley Smith, Fairy Gutmother
USWM Shopping List: Sugar-free Pork Bacon, Ground Bison
PHOTO CREDIT: Carley Smith/Fairy Gutmother
- 1 lb ground bison
- 1 package sugar free pork bacon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Redmond real salt seasoning
- 1 tbs basil
- 1 TBS oregano
- 1-2 TBS coconut aminos
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Splash apple cider vinegar
Instructions For Bison Bacon Burger:
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place bacon in strips on one sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes or until desired.
- Meanwhile, combine meat and remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Form into patties and bake for approximately 12-18 minutes or until desired.
- You also have the option to add additional pieces of Swiss cheese on top for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Serve topped with favorite fixins like tomatoes, onion and mashed avocado.
Meet The Recipe Author:
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.