A chili recipe is often more than just a pot of delicious food. It can be as unique as the person who made it, which gives it grounds for debating whose personalized recipe is the best. This is part of the reason chili cook-offs are so popular. As self-proclaimed foodies, we are always looking for new chili recipes to add to our digital cookbook. Featured Chef Tee Gardner’s Beefy Chili Recipe is one we are so excited to share with you. Tee’s take on chili is mouthwateringly delicious and features some veggies you may not find in a basic version. Follow along with her recipe below.
Beefy Chili Recipe
Recipe By: Tee Gardner | Tee and the Carbs
- 1.5 lb Grass-fed ground beef
- 1 (10-12oz) Sirloin Steak (diced into small cubes)
- 14oz can of sugar free tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup of beef marrow broth
- 2 Tbs beef tallow
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped green peppers
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2-3 Tbs chili powder – adjust for taste
- 1 ½ Tbs cumin
- 2 Tsp cayenne – less if you want less heat
- 1.5 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 1 ½ Tsp oregano
- Brown the ground beef and steak and drain if necessary
- Add all of the Mushrooms, Onions, Celery, Peppers, Zucchini and Garlic, EXCEPT the tomatoes.
- Add the beef tallow and cook just until softened.
- Add all of the spices, Tomato Sauce, Beef Broth, Chopped Tomatoes
- Cook on the stove on medium for at least 1 hours, preferably 2 hours – OR cook in the pressure cooker for 20min and natural release.
- At this point, the veggies should have released more liquid. Stir in the tomato paste and the mixture should thicken.
- Top with cheese and serve with low carb (or regular) tortilla chips
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes and more.
July 2021 Featured Chef Tee Gardner knows a thing or two about tasty food. Beginning her cooking journey at just eight years old, she grew up helping her southern grandmother work through recipes from cookbooks she had checked out of the library. This childhood passion eventually led Tee to start a catering company as she attended college in Pennsylvania. Though she moved on from catering after graduation, food and fitness remain a priority in her life. You can follow Tee’s Instagram (@teeandthecarbs) for low-carb recipes and fitness inspiration.