Imagine that sweet, smoky aroma wafting from the kitchen… ah, what’s that smell?! Dash to the oven to find these perfectly tender, moist, fall-off-the-bone short ribs created by the lovely Fairy Gutmother. These ribs are cooked low and slow, coated with a sweet and savory seasoning blend, and drizzled with a BBQ sauce. Our barbecue sauce is a mouth-watering delight without MSG, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, white sugar, gluten, nitrates, and preservatives.
These short ribs are pasture-raised and fed a diet as nature intended, with no grain, antibiotics, or hormones added. Fuel your life and nourish your gut with meats to boost nutrient levels and regenerate the earth.
Beef Short Ribs
- Beef Short Ribs
- Seasoning blend:
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- sugar (try coconut sugar for a paleo option or monk fruit for a sugar-free option)
- sea salt
- Himalayan salt
- BBQ Sauce or BBQ Marinade
- Pat, on both sides of the short ribs, dry with a paper towel to help the seasonings stick.
- Whisk together a seasoning blend: smoked paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander, cinnamon, oregano, black pepper, sugar, sea salt, and Himalayan salt.
- Coat the short ribs, pressing the seasoning into the meat.
- Line a baking dish with tin foil and parchment paper, transfer the meats atop the lining, and then secure another layer of parchment paper and tin foil to help seal in the moisture.
- Send the ribs and baking dish to the oven for about 3.5 hours at 250°F.
- Once cooked, remove the ribs from the oven, discard the top tin and parchment liners, and coat the meat with a BBQ marinade or thick BBQ sauce.
- Without the parchment paper or tin foil, slide the meat back into the oven for a few minutes.
- Again, remove the ribs from the oven, slice, and serve them with the BBQ drizzle from the baking dish.
Carley and many other fabulous chefs are featured on our Discover Blog. Check them out for healthy cooking inspiration!
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.