“I love to treat food as nourishment for the mind and body and eat the rainbow. Making colorful dishes that not only look delicious but taste amazing as well.”
Danielle Christy, our October Featured Chef, works wonders with these beef liver meatballs. Organ meats are extremely nutrient dense, and can act as nature’s multivitamin in your diet. If you are searching for new ways to incorporate organ meats into your diet, look no further! These meatballs contain our Ground Beef with Heart, Kidney, and Liver, which provides high levels of vitamins, minerals, protein, omega 3s, CLAs, and more. Sustain your family with this brain-nourishing, immune-boosting, fatigue-fighting, nutritional powerhouse of a meal.
Beef Liver Meatballs
Recipe & Photos by Danielle Christy | @danielle_christy_kitchen
USWM Shopping List: 75% Lean Ground Beef with Heart, Kidney, and Liver, Raw, Grass-fed Cheese
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef with heart, kidney, and liver
- 1 small onion or shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil (more for searing on stovetop)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup salty cheese, like pecorino or parmesan
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (can also use oats or almond flour)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 chopped fresh herbs
- 1 tbsp kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Place meat in a large bowl and spread it out but be careful not to break it up too much. You don’t want to overwork the meat.
- Heat oil in a small skillet and cook onion until translucent about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in garlic. Allow to cool and add remaining ingredients to the bowl. mix meat mixture just until combined. Form into meatballs ( about 10-12) and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before searing or you can bake in the oven.
- Tip: cook a small piece before you cook all of them to ensure the seasoning is to your liking.
- To bake in the oven, place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- To cook in a pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and turn every 2-3 minutes until golden crust forms and cooked through.
Browse the US Wellness Blog for more tasty, nourishing keto recipes!
Meet Danielle! As a health coach, it is Danielle’s passion to help people develop healthy food and cooking habits. As a personal chef and recipe blogger, Danielle shares recipes focusing on seasonal ingredients, whole foods, and eating the rainbow. Check out family favorites and weekly recipes on her blog, Savor the Kitchen, and Instagram.