Our December 2022 Featured Chef, Amy Slater, is a mom of two sets of twins and a Functional Nutritionist and Movement Coach. Amy loves helping busy moms regain energy and vitality to fully participate in life and spend time with their kids. A holistic lifestyle approach has renewed both Amy’s and many clients’ stamina and excitement for life. Read more about her clients’ incredible, transformative testimonies.
Pursuing a healthier lifestyle requires nourishing and delicious recipes. These Beef Heart Shish Kabobs are SIMPLE and rich in nutrients and flavor. Grass-fed-and-finished beef heart contains lean protein, B Vitamins, iron, and more. In this recipe, simply cube the meat, marinate it overnight or for up to 48 hours, and grill it on skewers with your favorite vegetables.
Beef Heart Shish Kabobs
USWM Shopping List: (3) Grass-Fed Beef Heart
- 3.5 lb Grass-Fed Beef Heart, trimmed and cubed
- 1 whole onion, red or white
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp spicy dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh herbs, I used sage, garlic chives, and rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Celtic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix all marinade ingredients well. Pour over the cubed beef heart and toss to coat. Cover tightly and place in the refrigerator overnight or for up to 48 hours.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F. Center the marinated heart on a skewer alternating with the onion and bell pepper. Grill for 5 minutes per side, turning three times.
- Remove from the skewer and serve with winter squash, sauteed greens, or a raw salad.
Browse delicious, nourishing recipes, kitchen tips, expert advice, and more on the Discover Blog!