This is a traditional, hearty breakfast for two. You might be wondering about the beef bacon. If you love our pork bacon, then certainly you can substitute. However, if you want something with a unique smoky flavor and full of nutrients from 100% grass-fed beef, give the US Wellness sugar-free beef bacon a try. We think you’ll love it! Like our pork bacon, this has only 2 ingredients: hickory smoked beef and sea salt.
Bill & Hayley at Primal Palate have paired the beef bacon with farm fresh, pasture raised eggs and cabbage. The cabbage may not be what you’d expect for breakfast, but it’s a wonderful addition to the plate and brings in a tasty complement to the bacon and eggs.
Recipe Author: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
USWM Shopping List: Grass-fed Beef Bacon
PHOTO CREDIT: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
- 1 Green Onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup Green Cabbage, shredded
- 2 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 pieces Beef Bacon
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 Pastured Eggs
- Preheat oven to broil at 500°F, and raise the oven rack to the top level.
- Place beef bacon strips on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Sauté green cabbage until soft and a bit crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into frying pan and cook 2–3 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove eggs from heat and plate with the cabbage.
- Place bacon in oven and broil for 7 minutes a side, flipping once.
When broiling the bacon, the second side will cook faster than the first. Every oven varies in temperature slightly, so keep an eye on the bacon until your first batch is cooked to perfection.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb) and the all new Food Lovers pack (New Bae, Amore, and Jerk).