March 2019 USWM Featured Chef, Steph Lodge shares this mouth-watering recipe for Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you’ll enjoy sharing with your family and friends.
As you might expect, Balsamic Vinegar has its origins in Italy. It’s dark colored and has a richly flavored from freshly crushed grapes. The whole grape is used in the process which gives the finished vinegar a complex flavor profile. You’ll find it commonly used as the base marinade in many fine restaurants.
US Wellness Pork is sourced from farms with a dedication to sustainable farming methods. Our pork comes from 1960’s heritage breeds that have outstanding flavor.
Recipe Author: Steph Lodge | The Athlete’s Kitchen
USWM Shopping List: Fresh Cut Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions For Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a small saucepan, mix the balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and thyme
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until it becomes a paste-like substance
- Salt and Pepper both sides of the pork chops
- Sear the pork chops on both sides in an oven-safe skillet (preferably iron)
- Brush the pork chops with the glaze and set in the oven to roast for up to 8 minutes
Meet The Chef:
Steph is a writer, competitive weightlifter and nutritional consultant with a passion for health and wellness. She is the founder of The Athlete’s Kitchen, a website dedicated to providing its audience with articles, recipes and the latest nutritional information on their favorite foods. Find her on instagram or at https://www.TheAthletesKitchen.com