Recipe and photos courtesy of Dominique Fasano | Perchance to Cook
Past Featured Chef Dominique Fasano shares this AMAZING pork loin roast recipe. This is “naturally paleo, Whole30, Gluten-free, and Dairy-free”
The holidays are a perfect time of year to break out the dutch ovens, slow cookers, and smokers. If you’ve got the tools, it’s time to use them. Why pick up something at the store for the sake of convenience when you can quickly prepare a flavorful dish like Baked Pork Loin with Jam for a slow cooked taste sensation? This recipe is definitely a winner!
US Wellness Shopping List: Pasture-raised Pork Loin
- pork loin
- mushrooms or carrots (or both)
- pears or apples
- sugar-free jam
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- rubbed sage
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl.
- Grease bottom of a dutch oven, put pork loin in it. Put mushrooms or carrots and pears or apples around the pork loin. Cover the pork loin in jam ( evenly spread it), and then top the pork loin in the spice mixture, press the spices into the jam with back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms/ carrots and pears with 3 Tbs of olive oil and mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, mix fruit and veggies half way through cooking. Spoon juices on top of pork loin. Note: if carrots and pear/ apple aren’t cooked, take the pork loin out of the pan, and put the fruits and veggies back into oven until desired texture.
You can use apples or pears. (or 1 of each)
You can use mushrooms or carrots (or 1/2 and 1/2).
Hi! I’m Dominique, the blogger, recipe creator and photographer behind Perchance to Cook. I am obsessed with making healthier versions of classic foods and creating delicious recipes that everyone will love (and that no one would guess are Paleo, Whole30, or Gluten-free).