Recipe and photo courtesy of Kaylie Watson, Nourished Wellness
Past Featured Chef, Kaylie Watson, has a great idea for brunches, appetizers, or a quickie breakfast. These Bacon Egg Cups are delicious, versatile and a snap to make. Just a few ingredients and only 20 minutes start to finish make this a simple, yet satisfying treat!
Get all the savory flavors of breakfast in a muffin sized package and make a great impression at your next gathering or family get-together.
US Wellness Shopping List: Canadian Bacon
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 6 – Slices of ham or Canadian Bacon
- 6 – free range eggs
- salt and pepper, season to taste
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°.
- Prepare your muffin pan by greasing it up with olive or coconut oil.
- Place one slice of Canadian Bacon down into the muffin tin.
- Next, crack one egg into each muffin well.
- Season the top of the egg with salt and pepper, season to taste. (I also season my eggs with Primal Palate organic spices. In this particular picture I used the Meat and Potato Seasoning.)
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the eggs are set. Keep a watchful eye as these tend to quickly overcook.
See more of Kaylie’s recipes on our Discover Blog or her food blog, Nourished Wellness.
Meet The Chef
After being diagnosed with Lyme Disease, Autoimmune and CIRS, Kaylie Watson started the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet as recommended by her doctor. She is always developing new AIP recipes that will encourage healing. She describes her cooking style as healing, real whole foods, and simple. She is passionate about helping others heal through food and a non-toxic lifestyle. See more of Kaylie’s recipes and lifestyle tips at Nourished Wellness.