If you’re looking for a simply irresistable bacon recipe, these hors d’ oeuvres will bring tears of joy to your eyes. USWM Featured Chef, Michelle Hoover offers this tasty choice for your next gathering. Your guests will love her dates, apple & bacon recipe. The flavors make a savory + fruity blend of delicious goodness! Make sure you have plenty of these made, they go really fast! ENJOY!
Recipe Author: Michelle Hoover of Unbound Wellness!
USWM Shopping List: Organic Medjool Dates, Sugar-Free Pork Bacon
PHOTO CREDIT: MICHELLE HOOVER/UNBOUND WELLNESS!
Dates & Bacon Recipe Ingredients
- 10 dates
- 1 small apple
- 5 slices of US Wellness Meats bacon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- To prep the ingredients, first chop the dates in half and remove the pits. You’ll have 20 date halves. Next, peel and dice the apple into 20 squares. Finally, chop the bacon into fourths, so you have 20 slices.
- Coat the apple pieces in cinnamon and set aside
- Take one date half and stuff it with an apple piece. Next, wrap the apple stuffed date in in bacon and either use a toothpick to secure it, or wrap it tightly.
- Repeat the process 20 times.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is crisped.
Serve and enjoy!
Many Thanks to Michelle Hoover who is US Wellness Featured Chef for October 2017. Michelle is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and Food Blogger for her site, Unbound Wellness! After being diagnosed with Hashimoto’s as a teen, Michelle discovered the healing benefits of the paleo diet and it’s restorative affects on the gut. Today, she is passionate about sharing her story and helping others find their own healing journey. Visit her blog and order her e-book, 30-day Gut Healing Diet Plan & Guide for more inspiration.