A busy mom can only do so much, right? So, this recipe is excellent for making two meals at a time. One for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The other for the freezer and a day to be decided. Here’s a bonus…put enough of these freezer meals together, and you’ll have a week of meals to enjoy a break from meal prep. This Bacon and Spinach Quiche recipe comes from November 2018 Featured Chefs, Polly Conner and Rachel Tiemeyer of Thriving Home. It’s truly flexible, making a an excellent meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Make this recipe once and your family will be begging for it again! Yes, it’s that good!
Recipe Author: Polly Conner & Rachel Tiemeyer of Thriving Home
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hr 30 minutes
PHOTO CREDIT: Bacon and Spinach Quiche from Thriving Home
- 1 pie crust
- 1 pound of cooked bacon, chopped (or substitute Diced Pork Bacon Ends)
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 1.5 cups of shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
Instructions For Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place pie crust into baking dish
- Add bacon, spinach and cheese.
- Blend together eggs and heavy whipping cream. Pour mixture over the top of all ingredients.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until the middle doesn’t jiggle when you shake the dish.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Follow directions all the way up to baking the dish. Cover tightly and freeze. Store in freezer up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat it, let quiche thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375 for one hour. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Meet The Chef
Polly Conner & Rachel Tiemeyer are moms, friends and bloggers at Thriving Home, and cookbook authors of From Freezer To Table. They are self-described “Freezer Cooking Evangelists” and love to share how to make freezer cooking a lifestyle. Visit Thriving Home for more simple, healthy, family-friendly recipes.