You can enjoy grassfed short ribs anytime of year, when the snow is flying or when the summer is heating up. Either way, these are lip smacking good. December 2018 Featured Chef Amanda Love shares this tasty dish.
Recipe Author: Amanda Love | The Barefoot Cook
PHOTO CREDIT: Amanda Love | The Barefoot Cook
Ingredients For Braising
- 3 pounds bone-in short ribs, thick cut
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water, filtered
Honey Ginger Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (I like Gochugaru – Korean chili flakes)
Instructions For Grassfed Short Ribs With Honey Ginger Glaze
- Place short ribs in crockpot on low heat. Sprinkle with a touch of salt. Pour apple cider vinegar and water over ribs.
- Slow cook for 8 hours or until ribs are falling off the bone.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together ingredients for Honey Ginger Glaze, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Once tender, remove ribs from crockpot and place on a baking sheet or ceramic or glass bakeware, spreading apart by at least 2 inches
- Spoon or brush glaze over ribs. Roast until surface of meat is browned and edges are crisping, about 10 minutes. Be watchful to avoid burning near the end.
FALL VEGGIE SLAW
- 2-3 small turnips, julienne or thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne or thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, julienne or thinly sliced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Optional: 1 teaspoon gluten free tamari
- Optional: 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
Toss sliced veggies with remaining honey ginger glaze and serve with short ribs and pan juices.
Meet The Chef
Amanda Love has 20 years experience as a holistic nutrition expert and real food chef. Her passion is rejuvenating body, mind and home for a well-balanced life and a happy, healthy baby. Visit Amanda at www.amandalove.com