It’s all in the name. August Featured Chef Stacey Venancio shared her Amazeballs Beef Stew for us to try, and just like it sounds this stew is amazing! A stew is the perfect meal for a family as it is versatile in the way you can cook this dish. You can use a slow cooker or Instant Pot for an easy cooking process. Thank you to Stacey for sharing this with us.
Amazeballs Beef Stew
Recipe By Stacey Venancio | Real World AIP
Yields 8-12 Servings
USWM Shopping List: Beef Stew Meat
- 3 lb grass-fed beef stew meat
- 2 c chopped root vegetables: rutabaga, turnip, parsnip or white sweet potato
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 1 c chopped onions
- 1 c chopped celery
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprig (3-4”) fresh rosemary or ½ tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk, or substitute 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T Herbs De Provence blend (or 1 heaping tsp each: parsley, marjoram, tarragon and basil, + ½ tsp each: thyme and rosemary)
- 3 cups filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Cover and cook 8-12 hours on low heat.
- Instant Pot Directions- set to manual high heat for 75 minutes. Most stew recipes call for less cook time but I find the texture of the meat is best when cooked longer. Manual release when done.
Note: If you use coconut milk you will not taste coconut- it adds a velvety texture and very slight sweetness that really makes all the difference in this recipe, I highly recommend trying it!
Looking for more recipes? Explore our Discover Blog.
Stacey Venancio is on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place through food, fitness, and mindset inspiration. She is a full-time ACE Certified Personal Trainer as well as an ACE Certified Health Coach. Through her blog, Real World AIP, Stacey shares delicious AIP recipes and inspiration to achieve a better quality of life.