Sugar-Free Bison Chorizo Sausage
This dish from Allison Schaaf features USWM Bison Chorizo Sausage. Our Sugar-Free Bison Chorizo Sausage makes a wonderful addition to any menu. Combine the flavorful spice mixture of the Chorizo Sausage with the health benefits of grass-fed, grass-finished bison and you’ve got yourself a winner! Allison offers up a wonderful recipe here. Give it a try…you’ll be glad you did!
Recipe Author: Allison Schaaf
USWM Shopping List: Bison Chorizo Sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 lb bison chorizo sausage
- Finely dice onion & garlic. Peel and chop sweet butternut squash into ~¼” cubes . Remove Swiss chard leaves from stem and finely chop both stem & leaves.
- In a very large sauté pan add ground bison chorizo sausage, chopped onion & garilc, cook on medium-high heat for ~5min, breaking apart chorizo.
- Add chopped butternut squash and Swiss chard.
- Cover pan and turn heat to medium. Allow to cook ~15-20 min, stirring occasionally, until squash is cooked through. Taste and add S&P as needed.
- Best served with poached or fried eggs on top!
Allison Schaaf is an accomplished personal chef and founder of Prep Dish. The company was born so that Allison could make her healthy gluten-free paleo recipes available to more people than she could as a personal chef. Prep Dish menus are based on real, whole, unprocessed foods with an emphasis on fresh and seasonal ingredients!