Looking for a little inspiration for your next meal? Give a little surf n’ turf action a try! While surf and turf is most often used to describe a steak and seafood combo, we are switching things up with November Featured Chef Summer Yule’s Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Garlicky Lemon Butter. Talk about a savory flavor explosion for your tastebuds! Just trust us, this one is a must-add to your dinner menu.
“Can you air fry scallops? Yes! Learn the secret to make the most tender and succulent air fryer scallops even seafood haters enjoy! This recipe for air fried sea scallops cooks in 10 minutes and has 3.2 grams net carbs per serving. They’re low carb, keto friendly, and involve bacon! You’ll love how easy it is to air fry scallops wrapped in bacon.
I have a confession to make. I haven’t eaten scallops in a very long time, because my husband dislikes them. When he said he liked my air fryer bacon wrapped scallops, I knew I had a winning recipe.
I’m convinced that air frying is the best way to cook fresh scallops. In about the time it takes to preheat an oven, you can air fry scallops and bacon. The bacon keeps scallops from drying out.
And that’s the thing with cooking scallops in the air fryer- they can get dried out easily. It’s super important not to overcook them to keep them tender and delicious. Some added fat (from bacon and a sultry garlic butter drizzle) really puts things over the top”
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Garlicky Lemon Butter
Recipe By: Summer Yule
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories, Net Carbs, Protein: One serving of Air Fryer Scallops (3 wrapped scallops) has 329 calories, 3.2 grams net carbs, and 23.2 grams protein. The macronutrient profile makes it a good fit for most low carb diets.
Recipe Tips: You need – air fryer, toothpicks, meat thermometer (Minimum safe internal temp for finfish and shellfish is 145°F)
- 1 lb Atlantic sea scallops
- 12 strips sugar-free pork bacon (not thick cut; 1 per scallop) cooking oil spray (non-aerosol)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- lemon zest, ground black pepper, fresh parsley (to taste)
- 1 quartered lemon (for serving)
- Partially air fry one strip of bacon per scallop. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes. Place the bacon on a hot air fryer tray in a single layer. Air fry the bacon for 4 minutes. I was able to cook 4 bacon strips at a time.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Spray your air fryer tray with cooking spray. Wrap a partially cooked piece of bacon around each scallop. (Secure with a toothpick.)
- Put the wrapped scallops in a single layer on your prepared air fryer tray. Mist the scallops with cooking spray and sprinkle them with Old Bay.
- Air fry for 6 minutes in an air fryer preheated to 400°F. Flip the scallops halfway through cooking time (after 3 minutes) and sprinkle with more Old Bay.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan with garlic over medium heat. Don’t brown it!
- Once the scallops are fully cooked, drizzle them with the garlic butter and sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, and parsley.
Explore more of Summer’s recipes on the Discover Blog.
Summer Yule is a registered dietitian with a Master’s in Health Promotion from the University of Connecticut. After surviving breast cancer and sustaining a 70-pound weight loss, Summer created Summer Yule Nutrition as a free information and recipe resource for adults who enjoy delicious food and want to achieve a healthier lifestyle. She lives with her husband and son in central Connecticut and works to create recipes and promotes healthy weight management.